The Science & Humanities Department occupies a unique place on campus. We are simultaneously the one campus department that does not house a major and the department with which each student will likely have the most extensive contact, after his or her major department. The following core subjects and the faculties who lecture these subjects will fall under this department.
The subjects are:
- Dr. G. Arulmozhi M.Sc., M.Phil.,Ph.D.(Professor)
- Ms. R. Subasini M.Sc.,M.Phil.Ph.D.(HOD)
- Ms. S. Manju Parghavi M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. K. Vishnu Priya M.Sc., M.Phil.(Ph.D.)
- Ms. S. Birundha M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. K. T. Priya Vadhana M.Sc., M.Phil.(Ph.D.)
- Dr. N. Priyadarshini M.A., M.Phil.,Ph.D.
- Mr. S. Vijaykumar M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. S. Periyanayagam M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.
- Ms. V. Thenmozhi M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. D. Kavitha M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. M. Pavithra M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. N. Rajalakshmi M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Ms. T. Akila M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Mrs. K. Masaniammal M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Mr. G. Sam Dixon Paul M.Sc., M.Phil.
Mathematics differs from natural sciences, in that physical theories in the sciences are tested by experiments, while mathematical statements are supported by proof which may be verified objectively by mathematicians. The department of Mathematics with its strength of dedicated, rich experienced and well qualified staff members helps students learn mathematics with less effort and great deal of interest.
Any guide to leadership puts communication at the top of the list of good management skills. Good written communication skills start with a command of the language. To assist in that endeavor is our department of English with a well equipped communication lab. It is strengthened with a full-fledged computer-aided language laboratory with hi-class software to facilitate the students to prepare for TOEFL/IELTS as well as learning the language structures.
The Department of physics provides the students with the opportunity to educate themselves with the various concepts in physics what scientists have traditionally spent years of labor and study to understand. Experiments can sharpen students powers of observation, stimulate questions, and help and develop new understanding and vocabulary. The department has a well equipped laboratory to help the students in enabling them to share their skills and experience of making experiments work in classroom.
Learning chemistry helps the student understand how chemistry is present everywhere in our daily life. But most of us do not recognize the real involvement of chemistry in our lives. The department provides with the necessary insight one must have to learn the marvels of chemistry. Laboratory work is an essential element in pupil learning which cannot be adequately replaced by other approaches. The department has a well equipped laboratory which provides a positive contribution to understanding chemistry.