The core of the bachelor's degree curriculum in Computer science includes programming methodologies, the analysis of algorithms and Data structures and the study of different operating systems. The curriculum continues with courses in advanced data structures, programming languages and automata theory, culminating in a challenging project course in which students demonstrate the use of computer science techniques.
To evolve as a center of excellence in the field of Computer Science and Engineering for developing technically competent professionals with ethical values to serve the needs of industry and society.
- M1: It is committed to bring out career oriented graduates who are industry ready through innovative practices of teaching-learning process.
- M2: To equip the graduates with advanced problem solving and reflective thinking skills by offering contemporary educational experience.
- M3: Inculcating leadership and entrepreneurship skills in students
The Department provides high quality learning environment, in terms of inspiring teachers, State-of-the-art facilities, sharing experience, widening the knowledge horizon, interacting with experts from academic and industry and facilitating the student in the process of growth in the computer field. The Department aims to inculcate profound knowledge and skill in the areas of Computer Hardware and Software Developments. It offers excellent training in Computer Hardware and Software through state-of-the-art practices in teaching methodology. Department aims to produce globally competitive ComputerSoftware professionals in emerging areas of Technology. The environment provides opportunities to students to do research with world class amenities in Computer Laboratory Computer Science and Engineering Learning is made ease through industrial visits to congregate the professional commitments.
The Department provides high quality learning environment, in terms of inspiring teachers, world class facilities, sharing experience, widening the knowledge horizon, interacting with experts from academic and industry and facilitating the student in the process of growth in the computer field. Department organize guest lectures and workshop with hands on training experience. As part of training, department conducts training on value added courses and technical training courses for our students. To have knowledge on latest technology we have different forums for students and a half yearly magazine released every semester to showcase their talents. To kindle young minds and to improve their managerial skills intra and inner college symposiums are conducted.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To enable graduates to pursue higher education and research, or have a successful career in industries associated with Computer Science and Engineering, or as entrepreneurs. To ensure that graduates will have the ability and attitude to adapt to emerging technological changes. >
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- 1. To analyze, design and develop computing solutions by applying foundational concepts of Computer Science and Engineering.
- 2. To apply software engineering principles and practices for developing quality software for scientific and business applications.
- 3. To adapt to emerging Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to innovate ideas and solutions to existing/novel problems.